Every year since 1963, the President of the United States has issued a proclamation announcing National Small Business Week, which recognizes the critical contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners.
More than half of Americans either own or work for a small business, and they create about two out of every three new jobs in the U.S. each year.
As part of National Small Business Week, the U.S. Small Business Administration takes the opportunity to highlight the impact of outstanding entrepreneurs, small business owners, and others from all 50 states and U.S. territories. Every day, they’re working to grow small businesses, create 21st century jobs, drive innovation, and increase America’s global competitiveness. See more @ sba.gov
We at Microsoft are helping as well. We have events scheduled all across the country at various Microsoft Stores and offices. At the Westfarms location starting Monday night, there are workshops and presentations to get your small business going.
Monday May 4th
- 10:00am – Start Simplifying your Business with Surface Pen – Throughout this workshop, attendees will be able to see the benefits that Surface Pen will help aid their business, whether they are on the go, or in a workspace!
- 6:00pm – Office in the Cloud – Come in and learn how Office in the Cloud, is your familiar office that you’re used to, now with the ability to work on virtually any device you use most!
Tuesday May 5th
- 10:00am – Power Up Your Business with Surface – In this workshop, Microsoft shares key benefits of the Surface specifically for small and medium-sized business needs. Learn how this essential device delivers power, portability, and productivity with the versatility to work as both a laptop and a tablet. Want to know what the essential differences are between the MacBook/Macbook Air and Surface? Learn all about it. You’ll also have the opportunity to experience key Surface Pro features useful to business professionals with hands-on experience creating invoices, setting up meetings and editing a presentation.
- 6:00pm – Put Your Business in the Cloud – Learn how Microsoft BizSpark can benefit your business. Why partnering with Microsoft may be the smartest move you ever make for your business. See how to leverage BizSpark for operational needs, web development, mobile gaming + more! Microsoft BizSpark is a global program that provides free software, support and visibility to help startups succeed.
Wednesday May 6th
- 4:00pm – Virtualizing Your Business with Office 365 and Azure – Understand the benefits of Office 365, and virtualizing your business in the Cloud, as well as how Azure can safeguard and keep your data secure!
- 6:00pm – Workshop: Understanding the Benefits of SharePoint
Thursday May 7th
- 6:00pm – Small Business Networking Event – Come in and network with other Businesses, Partners and resources to understand some tips on how to become a more successful business!