A New Hampshire based startup was working on adding a change log to their platform. The one issue they were trying to tackle was how to communicate the changes to team members. After some initial discovery the Office 365 Connector for Groups was selected to manage this task. Read more “Adding a Change Log to Brick River using Office 365 Connector for Groups”
Hacking Things Done
Don’t worry, we’re not about to tell you how to code an app in under five minutes. (But if you want to try, we’d love to see it!) We do want to tell you about Hack Productivity, a new online hackathon from Microsoft with $32,500 in prizes for apps that help people make stuff happen — with ease (and panache).
Hack Productivity, launching today, gives you access to the Office 365 APIs for mail, calendar, contacts, photo/video, and files so you can create tech solutions that allow people to do everything they set out to do, and more. As an added challenge, we’re also asking you to build an entirely new Add-in (extension) for your app.
Your solution needs to help people manage their lives — but how is totally up to you. For instance, you could build an app that:
- helps people create photo albums with images shared by their friends
- creates a weekly schedule for everyone in the household
- collates a daily to-do list based on incoming email
- creates a filing system for school assignments and research work
- designs a new collaboration system for the office
- suggests a friend date when you haven’t seen one of your contacts in awhile
- uses Pavlovian push notifications to defeat procrastination
There are lots of ways to sauce this enchilada, if you know what we mean. Your time-saving, achievement-producing app will be up cash prizes, plus some other shoutout-worthy swag:
- meeting w/ a Microsoft product exec
- one-year allowance on a premium Office 365 service
- expenses-paid trip to a Microsoft conference
- Surface products
We’ll be providing lots of support throughout the hackathon, including online office hours, tutorials, and tech tips. So check off the first thing on your to-do list: Register & start building your productivity hack @ msoffice365.devpost.com.
Photo Credit: Bain News Service – Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division, Washington, D.C. 20540 USA