BizSpark Plus just got a whole lot better. Starting on July 1st the current BizSpark Plus offering will increase from $60,000 for one year of Azure cloud services to $120,000. We are partnering with top accelerators across the country to get this in the hands of early stage startups. Techstars, ERA, Seedcamp, 1871 and MassChallenge are part of over a 100 in 47 countries that partnering with the program.
These organizations are in the trenches, providing the marketing and business support that early stage companies need to be successful. The offer expands our existing BizSpark Plus program which, in addition to open source friendly Azure, provides free software, developer tools, and technical support to help startups be successful. Check out the following video to hear what some of them had to say:
Watch this video to learn more about the BizSpark program
Here is the official release.
Every year since 1963, the President of the United States has issued a proclamation announcing National Small Business Week, which recognizes the critical contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners.
More than half of Americans either own or work for a small business, and they create about two out of every three new jobs in the U.S. each year.
As part of National Small Business Week, the U.S. Small Business Administration takes the opportunity to highlight the impact of outstanding entrepreneurs, small business owners, and others from all 50 states and U.S. territories. Every day, they’re working to grow small businesses, create 21st century jobs, drive innovation, and increase America’s global competitiveness. See more @ sba.gov
We at Microsoft are helping as well. We have events scheduled all across the country at various Microsoft Stores and offices. At the Westfarms location starting Monday night, there are workshops and presentations to get your small business going.
Monday May 4th
- 10:00am – Start Simplifying your Business with Surface Pen – Throughout this workshop, attendees will be able to see the benefits that Surface Pen will help aid their business, whether they are on the go, or in a workspace!
- 6:00pm – Office in the Cloud – Come in and learn how Office in the Cloud, is your familiar office that you’re used to, now with the ability to work on virtually any device you use most!
Tuesday May 5th
- 10:00am – Power Up Your Business with Surface – In this workshop, Microsoft shares key benefits of the Surface specifically for small and medium-sized business needs. Learn how this essential device delivers power, portability, and productivity with the versatility to work as both a laptop and a tablet. Want to know what the essential differences are between the MacBook/Macbook Air and Surface? Learn all about it. You’ll also have the opportunity to experience key Surface Pro features useful to business professionals with hands-on experience creating invoices, setting up meetings and editing a presentation.
- 6:00pm – Put Your Business in the Cloud – Learn how Microsoft BizSpark can benefit your business. Why partnering with Microsoft may be the smartest move you ever make for your business. See how to leverage BizSpark for operational needs, web development, mobile gaming + more! Microsoft BizSpark is a global program that provides free software, support and visibility to help startups succeed.
Wednesday May 6th
- 4:00pm – Virtualizing Your Business with Office 365 and Azure – Understand the benefits of Office 365, and virtualizing your business in the Cloud, as well as how Azure can safeguard and keep your data secure!
- 6:00pm – Workshop: Understanding the Benefits of SharePoint
Thursday May 7th
- 6:00pm – Small Business Networking Event – Come in and network with other Businesses, Partners and resources to understand some tips on how to become a more successful business!
Small businesses are doing amazing things in communities across the country. Not only are their owners ambitious, passionate and incredibly driven people, but small businesses also are driving the resurgence of our economy. In fact, according to the SBA, SMBs are responsible for more than half of the nation’s jobs and account for 54 percent of U.S. sales. There are great stories behind every one of these small businesses, and Microsoft wants to hear them.
We’ve recently launched the Microsoft Small Business Contest for entrepreneurs and small business owners to share their experiences. From now until January 11, SMB owners can submit a two-minute video describing their beginnings, successes, or even challenges, for a chance to win $20,000. Check out the Microsoft For Work Facebook page for more details, and follow the conversation via Twitter using the hashtag #MSSmallBizContest.
Need inspiration for your video? Entrepreneur and small business expert Ramon Ray is rooting for you, watch this as well as our own video about the contest below.
Read more “Every Startup has a Story”
Microsoft Corporation created the BizSpark program to support entrepreneurship and help startups grow their business. By providing founders with access to leading technology products, business and technical support, and market visibility, Microsoft is assisting young companies in their early years, when they need it most. Read more “Breakfast Series: BizSpark for Startups and Small Business”
Microsoft BizSpark is a global program that provides free software, support and visibility to help startups succeed. The three-year program is free of charge and gives startups software, support and visibility.
Read more “Build Your Business With Microsoft BizSpark”
If you already have an enrollment code – go here: https://www.microsoft.com/bizspark/signup/
When you publish a Windows / Windows Phone app, you are a publisher. Software publishers are entrepreneurs; you are investing time and sometimes money to create software and get it in front of users. Entrepreneurs are startups – new companies, even if it’s only you as the sole proprietor. And for software startups, Microsoft has BizSpark.
Read more “What is BizSpark?”
When Philip Hooker, owner of a consulting company in Farmington CT called Acellan, purchased a new Windows 8 computer he did not know what it would spark.
Philip was a programmer by that was fluent in Java but has a background in design when he attended Kenyon College in Ohio. Philip was interested in the new UI/UX design that the Windows platform championed and decided he would start looking into building apps for Windows.
Watch the video below to learn what was the spark for Acellan.
[youtube_sc url=”TZKgW-SzF9k” title=”Developer%20Story%20-%20Fluvium” fs=”1″]
Read more “Sometimes All You Need is a Spark!”
The New York City Techstravaganza is a free one-day grassroots technical conference for IT Pros that is brought to you by a few of the local community groups in cooperation with Microsoft. The 2014 Techstravaganza on March 21st will be the fourth year putting this together. We highly recommend that you subscribe to the RSS feed, WordPress subscription, or Twitter to ensure that you receive updates as they come through.
This is a completely free event that you will not want to miss.
I will be running the IT Camp Track, along with fellow Technical Evangelist Jesus Aguilar!
Here is a brief of what to expect.
Step-By-Step to building a business for Technology Professionals and Students Ever thought about trying your hand at writing an application in an attempt to start making some side cash? Even if you have not touched any code since college more than a decade ago, this class is for you!!! This event is designed by IT professionals for IT Professionals and students. Come to learn how you can get started building your very own development business on free tools and resources from Microsoft. We will dive into how you (an IT Professional or Student) can get started in building your first Windows Store application. No prior development experience required. Special Thanks to Microsoft for sponsoring this session!!!!
More Details and conditions at http://BuildYourBiz.org
Where: Held at the New NYC Microsoft Offices at 11 Times Square.
Read more “IT Pro Track @ Techstravaganza”
Leaders from Microsoft Ventures will discuss:
• Resources and tools that support growth oriented companies
• The business and technical aspects of building a startup, including training on cloud and mobile technologies
• How startups can partner with large corporations
• Programs such as Microsoft Accelerators, Microsoft BizSpark and the Microsoft Seed Fund
• How Microsoft Ventures supports the startup community to encourage innovation.
Live broadcast from the offices of Nixon Peabody in NYC
Hosted by: Todd Tidgewell, Partner, Nixon Peabody LLP
Thanks to our Exclusive Event Sponsor:
And our Industry Partner:
Click here to Register Now!
After you register, call in information will be emailed to you.
In addition, as a member of the UVANY community, qualified
startups get access to free software and tools through the Microsoft BizSpark program.
Microsoft® BizSpark® is a global program for startups with over 50K+ members in a 100 countries, that helps provide access to free software development tools (including Dev tools, Office, Windows and SQL), training and visibility. There is no cost to being in this program.
Simply sign up using the code below to get your free BizSpark program benefits: