Breakfast Series: BizSpark for Startups and Small Business
Microsoft Corporation created the BizSpark program to support entrepreneurship and help startups grow their business. By providing founders with access to leading technology products, business and technical support, and market visibility, Microsoft is assisting young companies in their early years, when they need it most.
I will be hosting a 4 part series on BizSpark and how to empower your business by using it. In 4 sessions you will learn about signing up and accessing your benefits, building your presence online, cloud enabling your ideas and moving your business to the cloud. Join us at the Microsoft Store starting on October 28th for these sessions.
- More than 50,000 startups from over 100 countries are enrolled in the program. The program was founded in November 2008.
- The three-year program provides startups with access to a global community of advisors, investors and partners as well as Microsoft software and services.
- More than 1500 BizSpark Network Partners assist startups through financial and legal assistance, mentoring, networking and business advice.
- Thirty-five percent of these members are in the U.S., with the remainder based internationally.
How to Participate
- To qualify, startups must be less than five years old, be privately held, have less than $1 million (U.S.) in revenue and be developing software.
- Startups can apply for program membership at https://www.microsoft.com/bizspark/ or be nominated by one of 1500 BizSpark Network Partners around the world, including academic and government institutions, investors, incubators and mentors.
- At the end of three years, companies graduate, retaining perpetual licenses to all the software used while in the program and significant discounts on support and new software.
- Software. Members receive immediate access to current, full-featured Microsoft software development tools, platform technologies and server products to build software applications. BizSpark members also get monthly Windows Azure benefits enabling them to quickly build, deploy and manage web applications.
- Support. Startups become part of the BizSpark ecosystem and get access to world-class mentors, potential investors, clients, advisors, partners and valuable offers to help run their business. Startups also get access to technical, product and business training & support.
- Microsoft BizSpark Partner Network. To help early-stage technology startups, BizSpark enables access to a community of more than 1500 partners around the world — all involved in supporting entrepreneurship by providing mentoring, advice, investment, training, marketing and services. Some partners include Startup America Partnership LLC, Startup Weekend, Founder Institute Inc., DEMO, TechStars, SVForum, Seedcamp, RocketSpace Inc., 500 Startups and many more. More details can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/bizspark/Partners/Default.aspx.
- BizSpark Alumni. Graduates retain perpetual licenses to all the software used while in the BizSpark program and significant discounts on support, cloud access and new versions of software.
- Microsoft Ventures. Microsoft Ventures provides resources for startups around the world, with an emphasis on young B2B startups looking to leverage Microsoft’s global routes to market. Microsoft Ventures is a coordinated effort that offers several programs and tools for startups including Microsoft Ventures Accelerators and a global Seed Fund. More information is available at www.microsoftventures.com.
- Microsoft Innovation Centers (MICs). Microsoft has created a network of state-of-the-art technology facilities for collaboration on innovative research, technology and software solutions, involving a combination of government, academic and industry participants. There are now more than 100 Microsoft Innovation Centers worldwide. More information is available at http://www.microsoft.com/mic/default.aspx.
- Microsoft DreamSpark. This program provides verified students around the world with no-cost access to Microsoft designer and development tools to support and advance their learning and skills in science, technology, engineering and math. This program equips tomorrow’s developers with the professional tools they need to advance their creative and technical abilities. More information is available at https://www.dreamspark.com.
- Imagine Cup. This event is the world’s premier student technology competition. It provides an opportunity for students to use their creativity, passion and knowledge of technology to help solve global challenges and make a difference in the world. More than 375,000 students from over 100 countries and regions participate annually, demonstrating how technology can be a change agent. More information is available at http://www.imaginecup.com.
Find out more about the events at our MeetUp page